How to find us
Megalochori (Big Village in Greek) is a serene traditional village that boasts narrow stone-cobbled alleys, picturesque vaulted houses and the typical Cycladic small whitewashed churches. Almost untouched by time, this beautiful village is an ideal base for travellers who wish to explore Santorini, as it is conveniently located a few minutes’ drive from the airport, the port, the island’s most popular beaches and top attractions, as well as the vibrant capital of Fyra.
A short drive from Athermi Suites:
- The International Airport of Santorini (20 minutes)
- The port (10 minutes)
- Fira (15 minutes)
- Oia (30 minutes)
- Akrotiri (10 minutes)
Map & Directions
The Santorini International Airport boasts frequent connections with direct flights to and from El. Venizelos Athens Airport and most major European cities
- Direct flights from Athens airport: Olympic Air // Aegean Airlines
- Flying direct from Mykonos and Heraklion (Crete) airports: Olympic Air // Sky Express
- Direct flights from UK major cities and airports: Easy Jet // Thomson Holidays // Thomas Cook
- Direct flights from France Paris: Transavia
- Direct flights from Italy - Rome, Milan, Venice, Palermo, Bari and Napoli airports: Blue Panorama // Easy Jet // Volotea
- Direct flights from Germany and Austria major cities and airports: Air Berlin // German Wings // Condor
- Direct flights from Switzerland: Air Berlin // Edelweiss Air
- Direct flights from Netherlands: Transavia
- Direct flights from Belgium: Jetair
Not as fast as a flight, sea travelling can be more affordable and above all much more rewarding in views and experiences. The Blue Star Ferries slow boats (nine hours travel time) depart daily, all year round, from Piraeus Athens’ Port while the Hellenic Sea Ways High Speed ferries (five hours travel time) depart daily from April to October. For additional information regarding travel in the Aegean, visit openseas.gr. If you are in a mood for some island hopping, the best way to do it is through Sky Express small Jets, flying from late May to early September. Alternatively you may opt for the classic Hellenic Sea Ways Flying Catamarans (Flying Cats), in operation from late April to early October.
Directions to our Hotel
Exiting the airport grounds, take a left towards the capital, Fira. After 3km you will reach an intersection by the Messaria village, where you will turn left towards to Pyrgos - Perissa - Akrotiri - Port. After 6km you reach the village of Megalochori. The hotel sign is located on your right hand side.
Directions from the Port
Upon your arrival you will realize that you are in the heart of the Caldera. Follow the serpentine road to the top of the hill, where you will then take a right towards the Megalochori village. After 3km you reach the village and the hotel. The sign is located on your right hand side.